Saturday, February 6, 2010

Madeleine's Banner - Personalised bunting flags

Inspiration came to me yesterday for Madeleine's first birthday present. This is how it turned out.

The flags are from a fairly heavy type of canvas with all raw/unfinished edges. I have used 6 strands of embroidery floss for the letters (deep red colour), and pieces of lace, buttons, doilies and ribbon for decorations (all in neutral tones). For the ties I cut bias strips 1" wide from a neutral (with print) fabric. I just folded this in half, so there is another raw edge along the bottom edge of the tie along the whole length.
This was quite easy to make, and I only used materials I already had in my cupboard - it's amazing what you can make in a pinch (Madeleine's birthday party is today)! I loved the way this turned out - hope Madeleine and her mum do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment