Monday, August 31, 2009

"Flat-Out" Handbag

Thought I might update my blog with the "Flat-Out" handbag I designed & made (before I started this blog). I started with a square bag:
Then made a rectangular one:



  • The fabric is an upholstery fabric and looks a bit like felt, so it is a little 'furry' or 'fuzzy'.

  • They all have this great chunky black zipper that zips the bag out flat (hence the name) - which is great for cleaning, or finding that "I know I put it in here" item!

  • The washing instructions for the fabric is to spot clean with upholstery cleaner, but I throw mine in my front loader washing machine with everything else (I usually wash in 40 degrees). I have even put it in the dryer!

  • The base insert is removable. The base is made of a sturdy plastic board - like those real estate signs - so it won't go floppy and loose it's style.
This is what it looks like when it is un-zipped (outside, inside, half undone):





These are currently for sale in my Etsy shop, and I also sell them at the Coledale Markets (4th Sunday in the month, 9am to 2pm, at the Coledale Primary School).



Here is a photo of the colours of fabric I have:

No comments:

Post a Comment